The Night is Dark
Grifter, Con Man extraordinaire, Infected
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Skills: Fighting d4, Intimidation d6, Investigation d4, Knowledge (Occult) d6, Notice d6, Persuasion d6, Shooting d4, Spellcasting d10, Streetwise d6
Charisma: 2; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 4
Ailin’ (Major): Character has Long-Term Chronic disease
Loyal: The hero tries to never betray or disappoint his friends
Obligation (Major): Hero has responsibility to another person or group
Poverty: Half starting funds, inability to hang onto future income
Rebellious: –2 Charisma with those in authority
Arcane Background (Grifter): Allows access to Arcane Background (Grifter)
Charismatic: Charisma +2
Common Bond (house): May give Bennies to companions
Connections: Call upon powerful friends
New Power x2: Character gains one new power
Power Points: +5 Power Points, once per rank only
Veteran of the Concrete Jungle: Start at Seasoned Rank, draw on Veteran of the Concrete Jungle table
- Bolt (Flick of the end of a cigarette and a pair of dice): Power Points: 1 per missile, Range: 24/48/96, Duration: Instant
- Deflection: Power Points: 2, Range: Touch, Duration: 3 (1/round)
- Detect/Conceal Arcana: Power Points: 2, Range: Sight, Duration: 3 (1/round) or 1 hour (1/hour)
- Disguise: Power Points: 3-5, Range: Touch, Duration: 10 minutes (1/10 minutes)
- Havoc: Power Points: 2-4, Range: Smarts x 2, Duration: Instant
- Switchblade (Str+d4, –2 to be Noticed if hidden)
- Bullets, box of 100 (most pistols)
- Shoulder holster (If worn under a jacket or coat, a shoulder holster gives a –1 penalty to any Notice rolls to spot a pistol carried in it. This penalty does not apply to any physical, pat-down search.)
- Silencer (Silencers impose a –1 penalty to Shooting rolls while using the silenced weapon. Characters (also known as “witnesses”) within 5” of the fired weapon, and not in line of sight, must make a Notice roll to realize a gun has been fired. Those beyond 5” suffer a –2 to this roll and those beyond 10”, a –4. Beyond 20”, no roll is possible unless the character is actually looking at the shooter. The firer may make a Stealth roll (opposed by Notice) to hide the use of the weapon, but this incurs the standard multi-action penalty. Silencers only work on semi-automatic pistols (not revolvers).)
- Star Pocket (.25) (Range 10/20/40, 2d6–1, Shots 8, Semi-Auto, –1 to be Noticed if hidden)
- Money Left: $28
Increase on Intimidation die to d6
Increase on Investigation die to d4
Sterling is a tall, thin, handsome with slick back (with a slight parting to the right) hair and a lovely set of green/hazel eyes on a sickly and naught face.
He’s a man with silver tongue and elbows deep in something more than ordinary. The man is also never without a cigarette. With the amount that the man smokes, you’d think he would have died already and he definitely looks the part of heavily seasoned.
If you’d ask around, you’d learn that he isn’t to be messed with. While he isn’t necessarily a fighter, he has some powerful and ruthless friends that easily put, should never be messed with.
He is, otherwise, charismatic, a natural leader and point-man.
Little is known about the man, what information is found is erratic to say the least. Perhaps, it is because of a unusual past, perhaps because he’s set it up to be this way either way, he’s a difficult man to source.
What is known is that the man has some connections. Connections to this place and that, and in New Orleans, specifically, he has heavy connections to the Red Sect.
He’s known to be knowledgeable, crafty and cunning, and a suitable fixer for many various problems.